Images and Videos of NameCoach
About this Tool
NameCoach is a tool that helps you and your students pronounce each others' names. You can use it both to record your own name and to listen to name recordings made by others. NameCoach Recorder, a companion tool for recording only, is available in the account navigation menu for all Canvas users.
Key Features for Teaching and Learning
- Record once. Once you record your name, the recording is available via the NameCoach tool in all Canvas courses.
- List your pronouns. You can use NameCoach to specify and share your gender pronouns as well as to learn your students' pronouns.
- Use multiple devices. You can record your name using your phone, a web recorder, or the IU NameCoach website.
- This tool is available for Faculty
- This tool is available for Staff
- This tool is available for Students
- This tool is available for Guests
- Available university-wide, across all campuses
No additional cost
Privacy, accessibility, and other information
Integrated into Canvas.
Recordings automatically available in Canvas.