Images and Videos of Academic Media Production Spaces
About this Tool
Working in collaboration with experienced instructional media production specialists, you can produce engaging audio and video content in the Academic Media Production Spaces using high-end production tools.
Production techniques and equipment at your disposal include chroma-key, picture-in-picture, custom graphics, learning glass, overhead cameras, teleprompters and telestrators. Instructional content produced in these spaces is typically created for use in your class through Kaltura after the content is edited and prepared for distribution.
Academic Media Production Spaces are available at IU Bloomington, IUPUI, and all five regional campuses. Full-service spaces are available at IU Bloomington, IUPUI, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast. Self-service spaces are available at IU East and IU Kokomo.
Key Features for Teaching and Learning
- Chroma-key. Faculty can appear super-imposed in front of content such as Powerpoint presentations, x-rays, maps, motion video, and other visual media.
- Picture-in-picture. Multiple video and/or still images can appear on the screen at one time in their own section leading to extremely innovative instructional solutions.
- Learning Glass (aka Lightboard). Faculty can present written or diagrammatic material while writing on a large plate of illuminated glass while keeping eye contact with the camera.
- Telestrator. Using a tablet and pen, faculty can draw, annotate and write with multiple colors on blank backgrounds or over still images and motion video.
- This tool is available for Faculty
- This tool is available for Staff
- This tool is not available for Students
- This tool is not available for Guests
- Available university-wide, across all campuses
No additional cost